The principal features in PCOD are no ovulation, irregular periods, acne,hirutism. PCOD patients face problems in conceiving. If this problem is left untreated, it can cause insulin resistance, Diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, Obesity, heart problems, etc.
Management of PCOD
- Weight management- It is the most important & essential basis of this treatment. Even slight weight loss helps in reducing the symptoms and brings about improvement in the patient.
- Lowering of blood sugar levels( if Present)
- Treatment of Acne
- Restoration of regular periods with the help of Diet & daily exercise schedule.
- Hormonal balance is restored
- Managing Stress & Depression
Personalized diet pattern is formulated seeing the severity of the condition. PCOD diet pattern puts ones body to begin the process of getting healthy.With just lifestyle changes you will loose weight, regain your energy and your symptoms will decrease.
AIM OF THE DIET FOR PCOD
- Reduce your cravings for unhealthy food, specially sugar
- Increase your energy
- Loose weight
- Detoxify your body
- Improve your health