HOW TO ACCELERATE PROTEIN DIGESTION
Today in the world of Protein shakes and high protein diet I would like to talk about the protein digestion process. Everyone is consuming protein in the form of protein soy milk, protein in eggs, protein in chicken, protein in tofu, protein-rich supplements, etc.
Protease is the digestive enzyme produced by Pancreas for digestion of protein in our body. The main protein digestion process takes place in the small intestine where it is converted into amino acids.
Continous eating poses a problem ie pancreas has to work continuously and as a result, the process is incomplete. Unused protein is stored as fat in the body.
Foods to help accelerate the process of digestion of protein:
1. Kiwi, pineapple, mango – These 3 foods are loaded with Protease (digestive enzyme) Advised to consume just one fruit at a time out of the above-given list.
2. Raw Ginger – Take 1” long piece of ginger, remove the skin. & eat.
3. Lemon Juice – ½ lemon juice in 1 glass of water
4. Papaya – 150 gms, peeled & cut into small pieces.
5. Raw salad – Raw salad comprising of cucumber, carrot, radish, tomato, onion. 1 small/ quarter plate.
6. Raw Vegetable Juice – 1 small glass Juice of raw vegetables like cucumber, spinach, green coriander, mint leaves.
7. Apple Cider vinegar – 1 tablespoon in 250 ml of water.
All the above-listed food items are to be consumed 20 minutes to ½ hour before the main meals/ Preworout protein meals. They all will accelerate or speed up the protein digestion, absorption & metabolism